Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy February?

Welcome to the wonderful month of February <3>
January RECAP: January totally flew by! It was pretty awesome though. Some of the highlights include family Christmas at my sister's house now that she is back from Aussie Town...... a very.... mature family, I must say!!!!
On top of family Christmas back home... we also had our roommate Christmas Secret Santa dealio. See our lovely Christmas tree?? Tiny, but important. I got a beautiful bracelet from Vanessa with all different beads that tells the Christmas story! It is lovely & beautiful! Charli has been CUTE AS EVER.... crawling into boxes and bags and whatever suites her fancy. Look at her little FACES!!!!!!!!!
Above: The event that I was worried about... went FANTASTICALLY!!! I had a lot of volunteers end up coming to help out... especially with set up. I left us an hour and a half for set up... and we were done after a half hour - so i sent everyone for a half hour dinner break. It was AWESOME. Lots of kids came and they had an awesome time! One of my highlights was one of the activities that I made up being such a hit. It was a Scavenger Hunt featuring the book "The Paper Bag Princess" (of which I got for Christmas, THIS year). The kids did a march/hunt around the building before coming back to the lounge for their treats. It was awesome. I am SO grateful for all of the help that I had and for everyone who came out and supported or who wanted to but weren't able!

Other than that stuff... well.... classes and such... January was not that exciting. I am down to four classes and also taking at least four in the summer - so I am going to be graduating early I hope. I am taking Law, Morality and Punishment; Crime in Context; Theories of Crime; and Evil and Its Symbols right now. This summer, I am tackling Love and Its Myths; Grief, Death and Dying; Cults, Sects and Other New Religious Movements; and Global Governance, the UN in the 21st century. WOW, that is a mouthful. I am also trying to get into french so that I can get back into the language. I've decided that I never should have quit and that it is going to be very useful - but I have to get permission to get into the class that I want and the permission is not coming just yet. Praying about that one!
January was ended with a Breakthrough Blessings Conference at Freedom House. It was... well... Amazing. Breakthroughs? So many! In so many ways! Just... Awesome. God is SOOOO amazingly awesomely super duper! The conference had a pretty big impact on me... more than anyone will likely ever know!
WHATS NEW in FERUARY?
This month is already off to a good start. Last night with the Youth, I went to see the movie "Facing the Giants" at Evangel church. This movie was apparently banned in Canada because it mentions God too much (I'm actually looking into that as we speak, because that's just NOT right and I am going to write a letter if that is really the reason why)... but was a FABULOUS movie that made us laugh and cry. Amazing. It was pretty awesome. A church in the states made it on a limited budget to raise money for something... or... something (Also looking into that). Its good. I recommend watching it. Really!
February is going to bring midterms, essays, work, events planning... a Sweethearts Valentines Day Ho Down Square Dance at yes church... and much more... (i.e. Hitting the slopes AT LEAST once!!!! If not WAY more than once).
Looking forward to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*comment*